Foamtech Antifire company conforms to all the national and international approvals, certifications and guidelines
Systems are usually designed to NFPA 11 (Standard for Low-, Medium-, and High-Expansion Foam), the foam solution is applied across the complete surface area of the liquid. Foam chambers are defined by NFPA 11 as Type II Discharge Outlets for delivering foam to the surface of a flammable liquid. They can be used in conjunction with inline foam inductors, balanced-pressure foam proportioning systems, bladder tank proportioners or foam tenders.
These portable, air-aspirating nozzles can also be used to extinguish a variety of flammable liquid fires using Foamer Class B foam concentrates.
Typical applications include municipal fire departments, Crash-Fire-Rescue (CFR) vehicles; or for handline applications around tank farms, loading racks, aircraft hangars and chemical plants.
When using SILV-EX PLUS Class A foam, an effective blanketing foam is produced. This blanketing foam is ideal for structural fires and other deep-seated risks involving tyres, rolled paper, baled cotton and coal bunkers.
The advantage of low-expansion foam compared to medium-expansion is the greater stream range and superior cooling effect achieved by the higher water content.
volume to a range exceeding 200:1.
The extinguishing effectiveness of the Foamtech HX generator (FCH*-250) is achieved via a combination of the following:
- Free air movement essential for continued combustion is reduced.
- Transition to steam of the water content of the foam solution dilutes the oxygen concentration, achieving a level below which combustion cannot be supported.
- Reduced surface tension of the foam solution draining from the expanded foam penetrates the Class A materials, extinguishing deep-seated fires.
- Foam solution lowers the temperature below the combustion point or auto-ignition temperature of Class A and B fuels.
- The insulating and heat-reflecting properties of the foam blanket provide a heat shield preventing fire spread and extinguishes deep-seated fires.